Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Snow Is Falling All Around

Snow is falling all around,
On the housetops, on the ground.
Snow is falling on my nose,
On my head and hands and toes.

Looks like my days as Primary pianist got this song (modified to fit the current weather) forever engraved into my memory. But is is quite applicable today, seeing how the sky has dumped all the snow we haven't gotten yet (come on, it's December!) down in one day.

My dear car Coalette under a TON of snow. This was at 3, and it continued snowing the rest of the day. Agh. Good thing my dearest daddy called and left his office to come help me dig her out. :)
Heading to work was an adventure. The usually 20 minute drive took about an hour, and I never went above 45 mph. On the freeway the average speed was like 30, which was fine by me! Better safe than sorry!
However, about 2 minutes away from work (as a nanny), I had my scary moment of the day. I was driving carefully in 4 wheel drive down the highway going about 20 mph and Coalette started fishtailing and decided to glide across the road, barely missing a car going the opposite direction and a pole on the side of the road. Thankfully the traffic stopped and waited for me to get back on my side, and no harm was done. But holy cow that was super terrifying! 

Anyway, all is well that ends well. The scary driving today helped strengthen my testimony that Heavenly Father does hear and answer our prayers. I know that He protected me as I drove today and prevented me from getting in a wreck, and I had prayed to be able to travel in safety. I am so thankful for the power of prayer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment